Having a Moen kitchen faucet with no hot water can be a frustrating experience. Not only is it inconvenient, but it can also cause safety issues if someone accidentally turns on the cold water instead of the hot. Fortunately, there are some simple fixes you can try to get your Moen kitchen faucet running with hot water again. This article will guide you, step-by-step, on how to diagnose and repair a Moen kitchen faucet that isn’t providing hot water. We’ll cover common causes for why your Moen kitchen faucet might not have any hot water and provide easy-to-follow instructions on how to address each one so you can get back to enjoying warm showers or baths in no time!
Things You Will Need
- Moen kitchen faucet
- Multi-tool or adjustable wrench
- Plumber’s tape
- Replacement parts (as needed) 
Reasons Why The Kitchen Sink Faucet Does Not Draw Hot Water And Fixing
When your Moen kitchen sink faucet does not draw hot water, it can be frustrating and inconvenient.
Fortunately, there are several reasons why this happens and often times a few simple fixes that you can do yourself.
Rust And Corrosion
Rust and corrosion inside the pipes can often be the reason behind a kitchen sink faucet not drawing hot water.
In this case, it is important to ensure that all connections are free of rust and debris, as well as make sure that any washers or seals present at the base of the valves are in good working order. Depending on the age of the faucet, it may be necessary to replace parts or the entire unit.
Heating Elements Failing
The heating elements inside your Moen kitchen faucet may be failing, causing the water not to heat up. To ensure your hot water is up to par, start by setting the temperature of your heater to a minimum of 120°F (48.9°C). If this solution fails to rectify the issue, you’ll need to inspect and switch out the heating elements. To accomplish this, you’ll need to sever both the electricity and water supply of the faucet. Then remove any protective covering and locate the main circuit board where the heating elements are located.
Cartridge issues are the most common cause of Moen kitchen faucets not supplying hot water. If the faucet has an old-style compression valve, it may be due to a broken washer or other component. With new Moen cartridges, you will want to check for debris in the cartridge body and make sure it is properly seated. If the cartridge is not properly seated, the faucet may not supply hot water. You can try removing and reseating the cartridge to see if that solves the issue. Otherwise, replacing the cartridge should do the trick. 
The Temperature Limiter
If you’re not seeing hot water coming out of your Moen kitchen faucet, the temperature limiter is likely to blame. The temperature limiter protects users by preventing temperatures over a certain limit from being reached. If this happens, take off the handle of your faucet and look for a small, circular metal disk. This is the temperature limiter and it may be covered by a small plastic cap. Also, check the temperature limit setting. The temperature limiter should be set to at least 120°F (49°C). If it is not, adjust the setting using a flathead screwdriver. 
Tips For Fixing a Moen Kitchen Faucet Without Hot Water
- Assess the hot water supply line for any obstructions or issues. The hot water line may be clogged due to a buildup of sediment and minerals, preventing the flow of hot water. If this is the case, you can use a plumber’s snake to unclog it and restore proper flow.
- Examine the valves. Is lukewarm water flowing from your faucet instead of hot? If so, it is likely that a worn-out cartridge or defective shut-off valve is to blame. If this is the case, you can try replacing the relevant parts to see if this solves your issue.
- Check for leaks around the base of the faucet and tighten any loose connections. A leaking faucet can reduce the pressure of your hot water supply and cause it to fail to reach the faucet.
- Inspect the temperature control knob or handle. Make sure that it is turned all the way up, otherwise you won’t be able to get hot water from faucet. If this doesn’t work, remove the knob or handle and make sure the stem is firmly connected to the valve.
- Ensure that you keep your hot water tank adequately stocked for optimal usage. If not, you can raise the temperature setting on your water heater to ensure an ample supply. 
Why is there no hot water from my kitchen faucet?
The reasons for not having hot water coming from your kitchen tap could be multiple and varied. It could be that the temperature setting on your water heater is too low, or that there is an issue with the connection between your faucet and the hot-water line. It could also be due to a faulty thermostat, broken dip tube, or clogged valve.
Why is there no hot water coming out of my faucet with cold water?
When you’re having trouble getting hot water from your Moen kitchen faucet, it’s likely that the valve stem beneath its handle has been twisted or moved out of place. This will cause the valve to become stuck, preventing it from allowing any hot water to pass through. To fix this issue, begin by shutting off the water source to the faucet. Utilize a wrench or pliers to unscrew and remove the handle, then take note of any inconsistencies in the valve stem’s orientation. Gently twist it back into place, then reattach the handle to see if this fixes your issue.
Another common problem could be an issue with the faucet cartridge. To fix this issue, begin by shutting off the water supply to the faucet and then carefully unscrew and remove its handle. You should then be able to see the cartridge inside where you can inspect it for any visible damage or clogs. If so, replace the cartridge with a new one. Finally, reattach the handle and turn on the water supply to see if this has fixed your issue.
If after double-checking both of these potential issues your Moen kitchen faucet is still not supplying hot water, then it may be time to call in a professional plumber to take a look and make sure there are no other underlying issues that need to be addressed.
How do you fix a faucet that won’t give hot water?
If your Moen kitchen faucet is not providing hot water, it could be due to a few different issues. To try and fix the problem yourself, you can start by examining the valve stem below the handle of the faucet to make sure it’s in its proper position. If it appears that something has been moved, you can easily move it back.
To switch out your faulty valve cartridge, you must first cut off the water supply and take apart the faucet handle. Then, carefully remove the old cartridge to replace it with a new one. Once removed, you can install a new Moen valve cartridge and re-assemble your faucet. With any luck, these steps should successfully restore hot water flow to your Moen.
How do you adjust the hot water on a Moen kitchen faucet?
If you’re having trouble adjusting the hot water on your Moen kitchen faucet, there may be a few simple fixes you can try.
- First, check that your hot and cold valves are completely open. If either of them is even slightly closed, this could reduce the amount of hot water available to your faucet.
- If your Moen kitchen faucet is overflowing with hot and cold water, then it’s likely time to adjust the temperature limit stop. To do this, remove the handle of your faucet and unscrew the retaining screw at the base of the valve stem with a Phillips screwdriver. Turn the limit stop unterclockwise to increase the temperature, and clockwise to reduce it.
- If you still aren’t able to get enough hot water out of the faucet, then there may be a larger problem with your plumbing system. You should contact a licensed plumber for assistance in diagnosing and resolving any issues with your plumbing.
How do you reset a Moen kitchen faucet?
If your Moen kitchen faucet is not releasing hot water, then a simple reset might be the answer to restoring it. Resetting a Moen kitchen faucet involves locating and pressing the red “reset” button which can be found underneath the sink in the area of the water supply lines. If you have difficulty finding it, consult your owner’s manual or contact Moen directly for assistance. Once the reset button is pressed, the faucet should begin producing hot water again. If the water doesn’t seem to be getting hot, ensure that you have set the temperature gauge on your faucet handle correctly. Make sure that it is set correctly and not blocking any of the hot water supply. If this does not solve the issue, then it may be necessary to replace some of the internal parts of your Moen kitchen faucet. You can purchase replacement parts online or at any local hardware store. If you are unable to find the part that you need, contact Moen directly for assistance in obtaining it.
Why is my Moen kitchen faucet not working?
Your Moen may not be working due to a few possible causes. The usual cause of water supply disruption is a congested or broken valve in one of the lines. If you’re unable to identify the cause of your malfunctioning Moen kitchen faucet, the wisest recourse is to contact a certified plumber.
Why am I suddenly not getting hot water?
There could be several potential causes for a Moen kitchen faucet suddenly not providing hot water. These include:
- A broken or blocked heating element
- A malfunctioning thermostat or temperature control valve
- Obstructions in the pipes leading to the faucet
- Malfunctioning internal parts within the faucet itself.
Why is my hot water not getting hot?
One of the most common problems with a Moen kitchen faucet is that the hot water does not get hot. This is usually caused by a lack of adequate flow through the faucet, which can be due to clogs in the valve body or a malfunctioning diverter valve. If you’ve recently replaced your faucet, it’s also possible that the hot water line is not properly connected to the faucet. Also, if the temperature setting on your water heater is too low, it can prevent hot water from reaching the faucet.
Useful Video: Moen Kitchen Faucet – No hot water fix!
If your Moen kitchen faucet is not providing hot water, the issue may be caused by a few different things. To determine the exact cause and to fix it, you should check each of these possible causes: malfunctioning mixer valve, clogged aerator screens, or incorrect temperature settings. If all of these do not solve the problem, it may be due to a faulty cartridge and you should contact Moen customer service for help. With the right tools and know-how, many of these issues can be addressed quickly and efficiently, so don’t hesitate to give it a try!